Some homes have problems when fitting a garbage disposal unit and it’s because of the sewers. The majority of food waste disposers work with a mains waste system (where your home is linked to your local sewer system). If your home has a septic tank and is not linked to a sewer system, then you might be debating if it’s possible to fit a garbage disposal unit.
A good solution is to fit a garbage disposal unit that has been especially designed to operate with a septic tank. There are plenty of scare stories from plumbers and fitters about installing a disposal where the wastewater goes into the septic tank rather than the city’s sewer system. One of the common reasons behind these scare stories is that some organic waste matter is more difficult to decompose and dissolve than others and the standard bacterial cultures in septic tanks cannot get to work to decompose the waste.
The Evolution Septic Assist model manufactured by InSinkErator is a version of the Evolution Essential model and has been specifically designed to work with a septic tank environment. It features a small refillable container that injects a liquid containing a bio culture directly into the food waste as it’s being ground down – this speeds up the decomposition process (and helps cut out odors).
|Read all the customer reviews – This model receives a great 4.9 out of 5.0 rating on Amazon.|
|Make sure you find the best price – with discounts of over 50%, find the lowest price for the InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist|
Features of InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist
- This model is recommend for homes connected to a septic tank waste disposal system, but it works equally well for homes connected to a city sewer system
- The Septic Assist incorporates a Bio-Charge injector, which promotes effective decomposition of waste but also eliminates unpleasant odors
- In addition to the Bio-Charge feature, this disposer has a dual stage grinding process to tackle even tough food waste
- Like the other models in the Evolution series, this model includes noise insulation, muffles and noise canceling technology to reduce the operating noise of the device by 40% compared to typical units
- Installing the Evolution Septic Assist model is very simple using the InSinkErator “quick locking” system
- The casing is made from from rust-free stainless steel
- The capacity of the grinding chamber is 40 ounces
- Power consumption will generally not exceed 1/2 KWh on a monthly basis
- The Dura Drive electric motor provides 3/4 horsepower grinding and is hardwired to the electrical system
- Height: 16 inches in height
- Width: 11 inches
- Depth: 14 inches
Make sure you find the best price – with discounts of over 50%, find the lowest price for the InSinkErator Evolution Septic AssistLast updated: August 21, 2023 at 12:10 pm